Insulin Distribution Program
Individuals who qualify, may receive INSULIN at no cost or a reduced cost through the Florida Department of Health in Putnam County.
Test tape, blood sugar monitors, and syringes are NOT provided.
- Must be a bona-fide resident of Florida. An illegal alien living in Florida with the intent to remain meets the residency requirement for Insulin Distribution Program.
- Has a current prescription for insulin that is stocked by our CHD.
- Is uninsured or is lacking insurance that covers insulin.
- Has a net family income at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines 2014 http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/14poverty.cfm.
- Has no more than $2,500.00 in private funds, bank accounts, or assets other than a homestead.
More information about eligibility can be answered by calling 386-326-3200.
A current prescription is required, issued by a licensed healthcare practitioner authorized by law to prescribe medication and written within 3 months of application for the Insulin Distribution Program and effective for up to 12 months after it is written. It must include the following:
- Person's name, typed or printed
- Person's date of birth
- Physician's state license number
- Physician's name, typed or printed
- Physician's phone number
- Date of prescription
- Type of epilepsy medication to be issued
- Medication dosage
- Amount of medication to be issued at each visit - up to 3 month supply
- Number of refills if allowed
To apply and/or pick up insulin supply, contact the Florida Department of Health in Putnam County at 386-326-3200.
The following resources may provide insulin if you are not eligible for this program:
Sanofi - Aventis Patient Assistance Program (Lantus, Apidra) - Phone 888-847-4877
Novo Nordisk Patient Assistance Program (Levemir, Novolin, NovoLog, Disposable Needles) - Phone 866-310-7549
Lilly Cares (Humulin, Humalog) 800-545-6962