Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
About the Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
Florida's Lead Poisoning Prevention Program conducts surveillance of blood lead testing and poisonings in the state, promotes blood lead screening for high-risk populations, and provides information to health care providers, individuals, and businesses on lead poisoning prevention.
The program activities include:
- Surveillance and Epidemiology
- Lead Poisoning Investigation
- Primary Prevention
- Coordination of Care
- Lead Safety and RRP (Renovation, Reporting, and Painting)
- Strategic Partnership
The program is authorized under the following state and federal rules and / or statues:
- The Florida Lead Poisoning Prevention Screening & Education Act, section 381.985.
- The United States Lead Contamination Control Act of 1988
- The United States Toxic Chemical Control Act
- The United States Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act (Title X)
For questions about the state program contact the Florida Lead Poisoning Prevention Program